Monday, May 14, 2007

la fábrica

 

 


i found out about this place with only a few weeks left in my stay here. it's no 24hr fitness, but this open air local gym has it's charm and a super friendly staff. i learned a lot about the international aspect of fitness clubs and will take back some helpful insight to my gym back home. it was interesting that for a gym that sees maybe 2500 workouts a month, 1800 of those are from the same 12 or 15 people, me being one of those. i also saw again and again exercises and lifting techniques that were just begging for injury along with some equipment that's been on borrowed time for some time. on the other hand, if i can get a 3 week membership for less than $20, i understand why there's not someone wiping my brow after each rep...heck, there wasn't even a waiver for me to sign. ah, countries not prone to senseless litigation are the cat's pajamas.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: